by Fr. Mark Hodges
Life Site News
The United Nations published new “comprehensive” sex-ed guidelines for schools, taking its cues from Planned Parenthood to help teachers instruct kindergarteners in LGBTQIA+ ideology and practice.
The U.N. Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) revised and renamed its 2009 “Comprehensive Sexuality Education” (CSE) document, pushing contraceptive-based sex ed in what the New American calls “a full-blown assault on parental rights and traditional morality” that “could devastate a generation of young people.”
Despite the objections of various member states, the “International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education” takes U.N. abortion promotion a step further, indoctrinating children in pro-abortion, pro-homosexuality, pro-transgenderism, and pro-fornication propaganda starting at age five.
Critics say these sex-ed standards sexualize kindergarten children and advocate masturbation, abortion, gender confusion, homosexuality, homosexual parenting, contraception, and premarital sex.
“Comprehensive Sexuality Education is a radical, graphic, sexual-rights, pleasure-based approach to sex education that promotes promiscuity, abortion, and diverse sexual practices and identities to young children,” Family Watch International president Sharon Slater said. “This is an all-out frontal assault on the health and innocence of the world’s children from some of the most powerful and well-funded institutions.”
UNESCO’s ulterior motive in teaching the birds and the bees quickly becomes clear. The CSE confesses the view that “sexuality,” and therefore sex education, must include “gender identity” (transgenderism), “sexual orientation” (homosexuality), and “pleasure” (recreational sex acts). The guidelines extend into the “broader aspects of relationships and vulnerability,” including “gender and power inequalities,” “sexual orientation,” and “gender identity.”
Stated objectives for five-year-old kindergarteners in the UNECSO dictate include:
- Along with memorizing the ABC song, little boys will be able to “describe” non-traditional families, such as lesbians raising a child, or two (or more) homosexual men as parents.
- Little girls will be able to “define gender and biological sex and describe how they are different.”
- Recognizing gender as a mere social construct, the tykes will verbally “reflect on how they feel about their (own) biological sex and gender.”
- Five-year-olds will “express respect” for homosexual parenting, conforming to the maxim, “All people should be able to love who they want.”
- Children will seek out “trusted adults” — other than their parents — to learn about “themselves, their feelings, and their bodies.”
Stated objectives for nine-year-old third graders in the UNESCO dictate include:
- Along with memorizing times tables, young boys and girls must be taught that traditional masculine and feminine natures are harmful, “gender-role stereotypes” that contribute to violence.
- Like the five-year-olds, kids at age nine must be able to “explain how someone’s gender identity may not match their biological sex.”
- Pre-pubescent boys must “demonstrate respect for the gender identity of others.” (Gender “identities” currently include transgenders, bisexuals, queers, questioning, intersexed individuals, a-sexual people, a-genders, curious, pansexual, polysexual, friends/family, two spirit, kink, and transvestites.)
- The nine-year-olds should “demonstrate respect for diverse practices related to sexuality.”
- Pre-adolescents will be taught that masturbation is fine and not a self-centered misuse of sexuality.
- Young girls will be required to verbally articulate how she “communicate(s) and understand(s) (her) different sexual feelings.”
- Children must “describe male and female responses to sexual stimulation,” and “summarize key elements of sexual pleasure.”
Stated objectives for 12-year-old six graders in the UNESCO dictate include:
- Kids entering adolescence will state that sexual feelings, fantasies and desires are healthy, without “judgment” regarding the fantasy or desire.
- Children must “support the right for everyone” to “express their sexual feelings.”
- Twelve-year-olds will learn how to use condoms and other contraceptives, with teachers emphasizing that artificial birth control wisely reduces disease transmission and pregnancy.
- Boys and girls just entering junior high will be taught non-penetrative sexual behaviors, so they can experience sexual pleasure without getting an STD or becoming pregnant.
- Girls who just started their period and boys whose voices haven’t even cracked yet will be taught by their authorities that sodomy is “pleasurable” and wise to practice to avoid infection.
The same plan is mapped out for 15-year-old high school freshmen, who are to critically analyze their own “gender bias” and demonstrate various ways to affirm homosexuals and transgenders. Particular emphasis for this age is on teaching the kids to publicly rebuke any peer who disagrees that homosexuality and transgenderism is normal or good, labeling him “homophobic” and “transphobic.”
Christians and other value-respecting people are crying foul. “Even before (children) reach age 10, they must not only accept, but ‘respect,’ gender confusion that is strongly correlated with mental distress, suicide, and more,” the New American charged.
Critics are also crying hypocrisy. The document repeatedly claims its blueprint for sex ed is “evidence-based,” but all the “evidence” is gathered from pro-abortion and pro-promiscuity organizations. Studies and research disproving gay agenda myths are completely absent.
In fact, scientific research proving that abstinence education works is belittled by UNESCO, which mislabels abstinence ed as “abstinence-only,” accuses it of being “harmful” and providing “inaccurate” information, and falsely characterizes it as “ineffective.”
Teachers are directed to present traditional morality as old-fashioned. The wisdom of parents and moral authority figures is openly spurned. “Parental objections to CSE programs” are dismissed as based on ignorance, fear, and/or hate.
Indisputable medical evidence proving that sodomy is extremely harmful — and the leading cause of AIDS deaths in the world — is ignored. Acknowledgement of the devastating physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual damage from acts of sodomy is treason. Dissenting facts are not allowed so much as a mention.
But statistics from the Planned Parenthood-supported Guttmacher Institute are mentioned nearly 20 times but never challenged. (The UNESCO document was prepared with input from Planned Parenthood, along with the homosexual group OutRight International.)
The guidelines claim, based on Planned Parenthood and Guttmacher assertions, that “comprehensive” sex ed reduces early loss of virginity and STD infection. But UNESCO’s own reviewers contradict that claim. The Center for Family and Human Rights (C-Fam) reports that reviewers found most surveyed programs did not accomplish that effect. “The guidance even admits there is no evidence curriculum based sexuality education protects children from STDs.”
The UNESCO standards require schoolteachers to promote abortion to students and legislators under the euphemism “reproductive human rights.” “Preventing unintended pregnancies and unsafe abortions requires states to … liberalize restrictive abortion laws, guarantee women and girls access to safe abortion.”
The guidelines push the idea that abortion empowers women and extends the feminist mantra, “My body, my choice,” stating, “The ultimate boundary of power is the possibility of controlling one’s own body.”
CSE’s schemes even delve into thought control. The document concedes, “CSE includes a number of attitudinal and skills-based learning outcomes” – which is academic gobbledigook for manipulating children’s values — “ … distributed across a range of school subjects.”
Transgender ideology is woven throughout the document, tied with homosexuality and presented as compassion for victims. But the UNESCO guidelines enable confusion on all sides and reinforce the myth that the gender dysphoric child’s well-documented “anger, depression, sadness, stress or worry” is caused by others, rather than the tragic and undeserved malady itself.
Ignoring facts about anal sex in the pursuit of homosexual normalization leads UNESCO to endanger teenagers around the world. The guidelines emphatically state that HIV-infected youth have a right “to express sexual feelings” for whomever they’re attracted to, while at the same time they “should not be required to disclose their HIV status.”
C-Fam points out that the guidelines fundamentally sanction prostitution, demanding teachers “take a non-judgmental attitude to ‘transactional’ sex.”
The hoped-for result of this social engineering — CSE’s shining example — is Thailand, where a UNICEF review asking school-age children to “draw anything in relation to their CSE class” revealed explicit depictions of frontal nudity, intercourse, penises, vaginas, semen, wet dreams, menstruation, condoms (often drawn as “heroic protectors”), homosexual acts, sexual abuse, prostitution, abortifacient pills, IUDs, and abortions.
An “update” from the previous CSE is increasing pressure on nations to adopt it. U.N. financial support for schools and education in general is predicted to become blackmail for compliance.
Last year, the Trump administration announced a pullout from UNESCO, to be completed by the end of this year. Pro-lifers consider this a good sign. President Trump also withdrew the U.S. from the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) over its participation in China’s forced abortion regime.
The CSE guidance was written in collaboration with UNAIDS, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), UN Women, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
“Comprehensive sexuality education is the primary tool used to advance the global abortion and sexual rights agenda,” Slater concluded. CSE “is designed to change the traditional sexual and gender norms of society by changing the worldviews of children.”