John Whitmire is an old, worn out liberal Democrat politician who has been in the Texas Legislature for over 50 years, since 1972. Whitmire is ranked as the 5th most liberal Democrat State Senator. He voted for Atty. Gen. Paxton’s impeachment.
In 2015 Whitmire supported the Houston City Bathroom Ordinance which would have allowed perverted men to use women’s bathrooms, showers and locker rooms. Houstonians overwhelmingly defeated the Bathroom Ordinance 61-39%.
Whitmire claims to vote his morals. Whitmire’s votes in the Texas Senate demonstrate that his moral compass is broken.
Whitmire is pro-abortion, pro-LGBTQIA and pro-drag queen.
Whitmire Voted NO on the following Bills:
- 5/28/23 – Banning sexually explicit performances by drag queens in the presence of children
- 5/17/23 – Banning sex changing drugs and sex mutilation surgery in children
- 3/29/23 – Requiring transgender student athletes to play against those of their biological sex
- 4/18/23 – Requiring proof of citizenship for voter registration
- 4/19/23 – Authorizing election marshals to investigate alleged voting violations
- 4/19/23 – Repealing woke diversity, equity and inclusion trainings at state universities
- 4/20/23 – Establishing reporting requirements for county elections • 4/20/23 – Requiring school classrooms to display the Ten Commandments
- 3/29/23 – Prohibiting minors from changing their birth certificate gender
- 03/14/23 – Classifying illegal voting as a felony
- 5/21/21 – Prohibiting abortion if Roe v Wade is overturned
- 5/24/21- Authorizing permit-less handgun carry to adults 21+
- 4/28/21- Requiring voters to register their physical address instead of a PO box
- 4/12/23 – Increasing penalties for accepting unverified early mail in ballots
- 5/01/19 – Authorizing handguns in places of worship
- 4/02/19 – Prohibiting taxpayer funding of abortion clinics