April 6, 2017
Steven Hotze, M.D.
Publisher, CRTX News
Jared Woodfill, Esquire
Editor-in-Chief, CRTX News
The Texas House met at 9:00 AM yesterday to debate the House Appropriations Bill, the state budget, totaling $218.2 Billion. The representatives passed the state budget at 1:29 AM this morning. The Texas Senate Appropriations Bill was different than that of the Texas Senate, so the Senate and House Appropriations’ Bills now go to the Senate House Joint Appropriations Conference Committee for reconciliation.
The Swanson Amendment, which would have prevented sexually deviant men and boys, who claim to be women, from entering women’s and girls’ public and school bathrooms, showers or locker rooms, was not voted upon. It was placed in what is called “Article 11,” which means that it will be included in the House Appropriations Bill for consideration by the Senate House Joint Appropriations Conference Committee for reconciliation. Straus and his RINOs, who pledge their devotion to and commit themselves to fight for our Christian conservative values every election season, fought the moral conservatives at every turn. Thank God that we have Lt. Governor Patrick’s leadership. If Patrick and his senate conferees hang tough, then the Swanson Amendment could become part of the state budget.
There were over 400 various amendments offered to the House Appropriations Bill. From a moral issue, conservative perspective, the following are some highlights of the outcome of the multiple amendments to the House Appropriations Bill.
- Funding for alternatives to abortion was increased by $20 Million over the biennium.
- Rep. Matt Rinaldi’s amendment was passed, defunding Planned Parenthood.
- Rep. Briscoe Cains’s amendment was passed, prohibiting elective surgical procedures for convicts. This prevents your tax dollars from being spent for sex change operations and elective abortions for convicts.
- The Democrats passed an amendment, prohibiting any state funds from being used for school choice. It passed 99-51, with over 40 Republicans supporting the amendment. The School Choice Bill has passed the senate. Straus and his RINO supporters oppose it and will not allow it to be brought to a vote by the House.
- Rep. Jonathan Stickland’s amendment to prohibit granting in state tuition to illegal aliens was defeated.
- As a punishment for Rep. Stickland’s outspoken conservative stands, Rep. Drew Springer offered and passed an amendment to defund the Texas Dept. of Transportation funding by $900,000 to Stickland’s home town of Bedford. The Straus team punishes those representatives who oppose them. Straus is tyrannical when dealing with his opponents.
- Rep. Matt Shaheen’s amendment defunded the Texas Film Commission, so that our tax dollars do not fund those liberal Hollywood film makers.
- A Democrat attempt to prevent women’s rights to be informed about the dangers of abortion was defeated.
- A Democrat attempt to defund abstinence education was defeated.
- The Swanson Amendment was put in “Article 11” with over 100 other amendments that were not voted upon and were sent to the Senate House Joint Appropriations Conference Committee for reconciliation. There is still hope that this will be included in the budget.
Straus and his RINO representatives have decided that they will not allow SB 6 to be brought to the floor of the Texas House for a vote. It would pass 2-1 if it were. The RINOs, who are part of the “Straus Team,” have decided to “Pee with the LGBT” despite the fact that 84% of Republican voters agree that men should not be allowed to enter women’s bathrooms, showers and locker rooms.
When we find out who is on the Senate House Joint Appropriations Conference Committee, we will let you know, so that you can contact them and encourage them to adopt the Swanson Amendment which would prevent sexually deviant men and boys, who claim to be women, and sexual predators, from entering women’s and girls’ public and school bathrooms, showers or locker rooms.
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men and women to do nothing.
“Through God we shall do valiantly, and it is He who will tread down our adversaries.” Ps. 108:13
CRTXNEWS. All rights reserved www.crtxnews.com